AMA XTERRA Samui is an event for everyone and anyone seeking an adventure packed weekend away – to take part in a fun ‘Off Road – Trail Run, Duathlon & Triathlon’ to challenge yourself ! Aimed at both experienced racers with our Full distance course and an Half Distance course for anyone to come and experience!
The race is presented by AMA Events, a leader in Thailand’s sports event, trail run, triathlon and adventure race organiser (http://www.ama-events.com/amaxterra/) and XTERRA the world’s leading Off Road sports event organisation (http://xterraplanet.com), together bringing you the first ever Off Road Triathlon & Trail Run event to Thailand September 25th 2016.
The race format consists of Ocean Swim, Cross Country Mountain Bike and Jungle Trail run. With options of single and team entrants to enter the Sprint distances (Swim 750m / Bike 16km / Run 6km) and the Elite distances (Swim 1.5km / Bike 30km / Run 10km). It’s possible to run in a team or only run a duathlon in case you wish not to race in one segment.
For people that are new to Mountain Biking, we will be offering Mountain Bike workshops in Bangkok prior to the event and look out for great training tips on our official XTERRA Facebook page (www.facebook.com/xterrathailand).
- Optima bikes (http://www.optima.bike/) will also be offering affordable Mountain Bike rental and delivery to the event if you don’t have a bike.
- Ibis Hotels hotel package, don’t miss great discount travel packages available through (Ibis Hotel Bo Phut) to stay on Bo Phut beach Koh Samui when you book your race ticket.
- Bangkok Airways is offering free travel with bike and discount – once you register for the event you can access a special XTERRA booking page on Bangkok Airways to book directly.
Find out more information at the official event site here for all the details, fees and link to register : AMA XTERRA (http://www.ama-events.com/amaxterra/)
Register quick to get the early bird special pricing and don’t miss out on this great adventure weekend away – book on RUNLAH (http://www.runlah.com/e/xtr16)
Event Details :
- XTERRA Thailand Trail Run : 13KM + 32KM
- XTERRA Thailand Duathlon : 1.2KM RUN – 29KM BIKE – 9.5KM RUN
- XTERRA Thailand Standard Tri distance : 1.5 KM SWIM – 29 KM BIKE – 9.5 KM RUN
- XTERRA Thailand Sprint Tri distance : 750 M SWIM – 16 KM BIKE – 5 KM RUN
- Team relay is also available.
(This is an introductory race and not part of the official World Championship Tour, which Thailand will be scheduled on the tour for 2017!)
Make sure no one misses out on this great new race – share to your friends !